Global Understanding through Education
The European Teacher Education Network was founded in 1988. Since 2018 we are a non-profit organisation (vzw) under Belgium law. The constitutional act can be read here.
We aim to promote a wide range of cooperation, exchange, research, and publication possibilities for:
• universities and institutions engaged in Higher Vocational Education;
• local education and social authorities; and
• relevant associations of teacher and social educators.
ETEN Leadership (Board Members, ECOs, and TIG Leaders)
Newcastle, England 2016
ETEN operates within:
• Erasmus+ and other EU and International programmes;
• bi-lateral agreements between academic institutions;
• NORDPLUS for partners in the Nordic countries; and
• programmes financed from other available sources.
Although “Europe” is in our name, there are approximately 50 member institutions from nearly 20 countries around the world, including Belgium, China (P.R.C.), the Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan (R.O.C.), Turkey, and the United States of America.
For more about how and why your institution can become a member of this diverse network of educators, see our Membership page.